Don’t you just love when that happens?
For a while there, I was feeling soooo drained. Blame it on school, or work, or a combination of both, or just my sheer laziness- I was feeling incredibly uninspired the past month or two.
It was kinda a domino effect. I read an article, that lead me to trying a writing exercise for my other blog, and then that got me looking on Pinterest for things, and there, I realized a ton of crafts caught my eye, and all of a sudden I had ideas whirling around in my head of how to decorate my little home.
It was a fun, shocking surprise!
With Summer coming up (after Tuesday, I am done-zo with the semester!!), I have been wracking my brain with ways to stay productive when I’m not working, since I will have so much more free time. I am pleased to say that free time will be spent with home projects (as well as my other blog)!
I’ve got a pretty long list of what I want to do to this place… so here goes nothin’.
- Re-organize the kitchen– which isn’t necessarily a mess but isn’t to my liking.
- Purge all the clothes I never wear, and donate them/throw them out if they’re too worn. This will finally free up space in my closet and dresser, which I am in desperate need of.
- Create fun designs with contact paper on the staircase wall in the living room. Renter probs– can’t paint! But, as I have seen on Pinterest, contact paper seems to be a god send.
- Do a fun DIY Ikea hack on a bookshelf for the living room. Again, using contact paper!
- Finally set up my vanity area/desk area in the bedroom, with the rolling cart from Ikea as well as some white drawers from Ikea.
- Get some cool art up on the living room walls- maybe even something I make myself?! Now that would be cool.
- Add a pop of color in the kitchen cabinets with… you guessed it… contact paper. Are you sick of me yet?? Haha.
- Do something with the bathroom. It’s awful. Tiny, and no storage, and not even a proper towel rack. This one will for sure be a challenge.
- Get some dang rugs, finally, and lamps, and other little small touches like that which make a house feel like a home.
- Organize our Harry Potter closet into a cleaning storage room. Bonus: Make DIY all natural cleaning products, and create my own cleaning caddy!
I think it’s pretty obvious that I have got a busy (and fun!) summer ahead of me, with all of these projects.
What is on your summer to do list? Share in the comments!