Alright ladies, let’s all be honest- sometimes we need a little extra R&R (rest&relaxation), right? I know I sure do. After going to school full time, and work four or five days a week, on top of maintaining my relationships with my boyfriend and friends, sometimes I need a little me time!
I love me time, if I am being honest with you. I’m a introvert and recharge my batteries while I’m alone, doing whatever I see fit. Some days, that is having a personal pamper day.
Who doesn’t love those kinds of days?
Today I figured I would share with you what I like to do on my pamper days!
- The most obvious- take a bubble bath. I don’t know about you, but I am a bubble bath addict! I like to take them once a week at least. However, for most of my standard baths I just use an old body wash to make the bubbles. On my pamper days I strictly use Lush products! If you have never tried their bubble bars or their bath bombs or their bath melts, you are seriously missing out. They are luxurious and smell wonderful and leave you covered in glitter half the time, and they are the definition of a pamper day.
- Lotion up! I love the way my skin feels when it’s so, so soft. After bathing in Lush products, I am pretty darn soft already, but to get even more soft, I use lotion. More specifically, I like using a homemade body butter my sister made me for being in her wedding. The particular batch she made is scented with lavender, which is my favorite scent, and naturally calming so it’s a win-win.
- Put on some fuzzy socks. Does this one even need an explanation? Fuzzy socks are just so cozy and comfortable- and keep your feet soft after all that lotion.
- Use a face mask. Face masks are probably one of my favorite things to do to my skin. If you use the right ones, they make your skin feel great afterwards. My go-to currently is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque because I own a giant pot of it, and it works like a charm. It feels like it really closes up my pores and cleans them out- plus I look like an alien when I wear it so it’s kinda fun. Aside from that, I am also a big fan of Lush’s Fresh Face Masks- particularly the Cupcake one and Cosmetic Warrior (doesn’t smell great, but is very effective for trouble acne prone skin).
- Light your favorite candle. There is just something relaxing about candles, especially scented ones. Pamper days are all about doing things you love, including making your house smell exactly how you’d like it to.
- Have a glass of wine (or two!). Wine is a girl’s best friend, right? It’s delicious, it’s relaxing, and it really makes me feel fancy when I’m sipping on some Cab while wearing my alien face mask. Especially while also wearing fuzzy socks.
- Do something fun. This is the #1 thing you should do on your pamper day- something fun for you. Whether it’s reading a good book, or catching up on a couple episodes on Netflix, playing video games, napping, writing, playing an instrument, literally whatever it is, make some time to fit it into your day. Doing things that make your heart happy is good for the soul.
What are your favorite things to do on a pamper day? Let me know in the comments!