Thanksgiving is just around the corner, y’all.
For me that means a couple things.
- My birthday, November 21st, is coming up!
- Endless food.
- Good times with the whole family.
- A new baby to play with on Thanksgiving!!
Besides those things though, the core idea of Thanksgiving is exactly its namesake- giving thanks for everything you’re blessed to have.
But why should we limit that to only one day a year?
I recently stumbled across a blog, that my blog post scheduled for tomorrow will cover, that suggested making a daily list of gratitudes.
This isn’t the first time I have heard this idea preached- the first time was in a Ted talk.
This is, however, the first time I have decided to give it a real shot.
Every Thursday, I am going to try and make it a point to share with y’all some of the things I am thankful and grateful for. Some of these things will be consistent, and some transient, but putting those positive vibes out for the world to see is important.
So here is my first Thankful Thursday:
- Having a roof over my head
- Being fortunate enough to attend college
- Having a job
- Being proactive enough to make positive change in my life
- Being able to learn new things
- Having people who support me and want me to do my best
A baby step start, but anything counts!
What are some things you’re thankful for? Let me know in the comments!