Ahhh, October. Dare I say, but it seems like Fall might be coming to Houston! This weekend, it’s supposed to be in the 60’s at night, which is pretty exciting. The house smells like my mom’s delicious chicken tortilla soup, all I want to drink are chai lattes, and cozying up in bed has never sounded better.
It’s that time again, though- the beginning of the month. Aka the time when all of us update our new goals! Yesterday, I published a post evaluating my progress of my goal for the month of September. Check it out here. With that out of the way, let’s get started!
- Maintain the progress of my September goal. I want to keep managing my time well, and keep building on it by writing in my planner more consistently, checking it often, etc.
- Work on preparing for class the night before. This will include picking out an outfit, making sure everything I need is in my backpack, packing a lunch, and if I want it, making sure to prep my coffee stuff the night before. I hate to admit it, but I’ve been skipping class a lot lately. One of the contributing factors to that I’m sure of is when I wake up in the morning, groggy and tired and probably close to running late, and I think about everything I have to do to even get myself out the door. I reason that by the time I do all that, get going, and brave my commute to campus, my class will almost be over so why even bother? Bad attitude which can hopefully be fixed if I take away that nagging thought of “I have so much to do this morning!!!”
- Go to sleep earlier. Lately, I have been almost purposefully staying up late, and there’s no better word for it than just stupid. I get waves of sleepiness, and if I don’t go to sleep right then, I’m super awake and alert and it’s hard to go to bed. Usually my waves come at a weird time like 9 pm, which is wayyyy too early to go to bed, so I’m thinking to fix this I can maybe drink some relaxing tea before bed, and make a point to not watch Lost when I’m trying to sleep (those cliff hangers really suck me in ok).
- Try and keep up with blogging. Lately, I have been doing really well with posting every day, which was a huge surprise to me! I actually planned to blog every day last week and ended up not blogging a single day…. Somehow, I found a groove though, and managed to actually write multiple posts one day and schedule them out, so I wasn’t necessarily writing every day- which I don’t always have time for. And it worked!! So far, so good. I’d like to try and keep this up.
- Start a smashbook. A smashbook is basically the newfangled version of scrapbooking. Mostly marketed towards busy house wives, it’s only natural that I’m drawn to it. For whatever reason, I just love everything designed for moms, despite the tiny detail that I am definitely not a mom right now. Anyways, the concept behind it is most people are too busy to sit down and intricately design scrapbook layouts, but we still want a physical memoir of our photos! So you get a sketch book type notebook, with blank pages, gather your weapons of choice (markers, tape, sharpies, etc.) and your photos, then you can just smash everything onto the page, add a caption, and you’re done! Voila! My main goal for this is to document cutesy lame relationship/date type things. Don’t mind me, I’m sappy.
As for right now, these are the main things I want to work on. I also personally like to keep my goal lists short but concise, so I can put a lot of energy into really accomplishing them. Plus, I know myself, and no matter how many times I write “go to the gym” on a list, it’s just not gonna happen. Not now at least- maybe one day! I digress.
I’ve got a goal in progress, that I am just maintaining, two practical yet accomplishable goals, one blogging goal, and one fun thing that I figured by making it a goal, that’ll be my push to actually do it. Of course, I’ll check back in 31 days to talk about how all of this went.
Until then, what are you goals for October? Let me know in the comments! Let’s be productive together!